Friday, July 11, 2014

July 11, 2014 - Friday

No trial has come to you but what is human. God is faithful and will not let you be tried beyond your strength; but with the trial he will also provide a way out, so that you may be able to bear it.  (1 Corinthians 10:13 NABRE)


My confidence is in God alone.  Not myself.

When I rely on myself alone, during times of trial, I struggle.  I fail.  Yet, somehow, when I seek God's help and guidance, I can still feel like I don't receive it!  So how can I rely on God?  How do I know he will be there for me?  Honestly, it is by Faith first, then Experience.  Here's what I do to convert faith to experience:

  • First, I accept completely that God is always faithful to me, in every moment and in every circumstance, and he simply will not let me be tried beyond my strength.
  • Second, I consider the possibility that I am sometimes blind to the way out that God provides.
  • And third, when that is the case, I pray for two things:  Sight to see his path out of my trial and Patience to endure his time schedule.


Today, I will pray for sight and patience for all those who are experiencing great trials in their lives; and I will pray the Chaplet of Divine Mercy, asking God to increase his great mercy toward those who are most in need of it.


Saint Benedict, who has a special place in our hearts, pray for us.
Saint John Paul II, who reminds us to open wide the door to Christ, pray for us.
Saint Joseph, worker and parent, pray for us.
Saint Rita, patron of parenthood, pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment