Thursday, May 12, 2016

May 12, 2016 - Thursday

I pray not only for them, but also for those who will believe in me through their word, so that they may all be one, as you, Father, are in me and I in you, that they also may be in us, that the world may believe that you sent me. (John 17:20-21 NABRE)

As Jesus continues on with his "high priestly prayer," he prays directly for you and I. He prays, we could say, outside of time, as he draws us into his very heart. And his prayer for you and for me is the same prayer as for his apostles, that we may all be one with each other, with him, and with the Father so that others may come to believe in the truth of Jesus' mission.

Holy Spirit, guide me today. We say you dwell within each one of us who has received you. Jesus talks about being in him and in the Father. I see that it is by your power and presence that this is possible. May your gifts enliven my heart so that, by my words and deeds, my life will become a fruitful expression of your love in this world.


Today, on this Thursday of the Seventh Week of Easter, I will pray day seven of the Novena to the Holy Spirit.


Saints Nereus and Achilleus, praetorian soldiers of the Roman army, converts, and early martyrs of the Church whose courage enlivens our own, pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment