Saturday, May 14, 2016

May 14, 2016 - Saturday

It was not you who chose me, but I who chose you and appointed you to go and bear fruit that will remain, so that whatever you ask the Father in my name he may give you. (John 15:16 NABRE)

I am too often caught up in my own limited way of thinking that I forget that before I accepted Jesus appointment, he chose me. And he calls on each believer to recognize the same. Jesus chooses us to bring the Good News into our times. And by his holy Spirit, he helps us.

When we turn to the Father and ask for help in Jesus' name, when our requests are meant to do his will, he will help us. And it is by his Spirit that he does this.

Without being a theologian, or digging too deeply into the implications of this statement, I would argue that the Spirit is God's means of interacting with our world in order to effect his divine plan.


Today, on this Feast of Saint Matthias the Apostle, and the eve of Pentecost, I will pray day nine of the Novena to the Holy Spirit.


Saint Matthias, Apostle, whose fundamental holiness came from receiving gladly the relationship with the Father offered him by Jesus and completed by the Holy Spirit, pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment