Monday, May 2, 2016

May 2, 2016 - Monday

When the Advocate comes whom I will send you from the Father, the Spirit of truth that proceeds from the Father, he will testify to me.
And you also testify, because you have been with me from the beginning. (John 15:26-27 NABRE)

The Paraclete is to be sent by the Father, at the request of Jesus. A paraclete is an advocate or helper, here Jesus is referring to the Holy Spirit. Here the Spirit comes from both Jesus and the Father in mission.*

We will celebrate the Feast of Pentecost in just a couple of weeks. Pentecost reminds us of the coming of the Holy Spirit into our hearts. We believe the Holy Spirit is our helper and guide as we live out the mission we are called to. The Holy Spirit is with us spiritually and available to us all the time. We "listen" for his guidance, a spiritual listening. We seek him out.

For me, the process is usually to ask in prayer for direction, to seek quietness and patience in my spirit (the patience can be the big challenge), and to be aware of signs around me that suggest and support one or another decision.

Today, I will listen for the prompting of the Holy Spirit.


Saint Athanasius, Bishop and Doctor of the Church, pray for us.

Source: http://www.saintathanasius.com/


No comments:

Post a Comment