Saturday, September 3, 2016

September 3, 2016 - Saturday

My mouth will speak the praises of the LORD;
all flesh will bless his holy name forever and ever. (Psalm 145:21 NABRE)

Psalm 145, what a beautiful song! The singer invites all to praise God. The “works of God” make God present and invite human praise; they climax in a confession which we read in today's verse. God’s mighty acts show forth divine kingship, a major theme in the literature of early Judaism and in Christianity.*

Today, I will praise God. I will thank Jesus. And I will listen for their Holy Spirit.


Saint Gregory the Great, Pope, Doctor of the Church, and patron of England and teachers, pray for us.


There are just 11 days remaining in this shared prayer journey of ours. Please continue to join your prayers with mine here, for a daily minute of reflection. As Jesus said, "For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them." (Matthew 18:20) Though we gather together online, may our joining here reflect our deep desire to have Jesus in our midst.

No comments:

Post a Comment