Friday, November 6, 2015

November 6, 2015 - Friday

In Christ Jesus, then, I have reason to boast in what pertains to God.
For I will not dare to speak of anything except what Christ has accomplished through me. (Romans 15:17-18 NABRE)

After his conversion, Paul became Apostle to all who were not Jewish. He taught people about Jesus Christ all the way from Jerusalem to Illyricum (northwest of Greece), and then as far as Rome. On his  three separate missionary journeys, he was a spiritual guide to many believers including the faithful in Rome, to whom he addressed the words in today's passage. His intention was to evangelize the Roman world all the way to Spain.

And with such a strong sense of mission, notice Paul's humility. He was certainly aware of the great impact he was having for God, yet he recognized it was Christ working through him that was noteworthy, it was what pertained to God that gave him reason to boast.

Lord Jesus, thank you for using me as you used Saint Paul. I leave myself open to your Spirit today and I ask that you guide me in word and action as I confront the circumstances of this new day.


Today, I will surrender my will so that God's will may be done.


Saint Nicholas Tavelic and Companions, Franciscan friars martyred in the Holy Land for preaching openly about Jesus, pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment