Saturday, November 7, 2015

November 7, 2015 - Saturday

The LORD supports all who are falling
and raises up all who are bowed down.
The eyes of all look hopefully to you;
you give them their food in due season.
You open wide your hand
and satisfy the desire of every living thing. (Psalm 145:14-16 NABRE)

Listen to the joy and hope in today's passage! When we fail, when we are humbled before others, when we hunger for some need, the Lord is always there. He supports us, lifts us up, and satisfies us with all we need. His resources are endless. We are invited to trust him with confidence that he will provide all we need.

God’s mighty acts show his divine kingship, a major theme in the literature of early Judaism and in Christianity. Psalm 145 is a hymn in acrostic form; every verse begins with a successive letter of the Hebrew alphabet. Acrostic poems usually do not develop ideas but consist rather of loosely connected statements. The opening verses invite all to praise God.*

Lord God, thank you for the many ways you provide for my family and me. Enliven your Spirit within me so that my trust grows stronger today. Increase my confidence in your endless graces and the love you have for me. Lord, please be with me in times of suffering and struggle so that I might not despair nor become despondent, but with great confidence submit myself to Your holy will, which is love and mercy itself.* 


Today, I will pray the Chaplet of Divine Mercy.


Saint Didacus, who used your life to serve God and God’s people, pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment