Monday, November 30, 2015

November 30, 2015 - Monday

As he was walking by the Sea of Galilee, he saw two brothers, Simon who is called Peter, and his brother Andrew, casting a net into the sea; they were fishermen.
He said to them, “Come after me, and I will make you fishers of men.” (Matthew 4:18-19 NABRE)

Peter and Andrew were two brothers who owned a boat and caught fish for a living. One day, as they carried out their daily routine, Jesus approached them and told them to follow him. We are told they immediately did just that.

Peter and Andrew had to leave behind everything they knew in order to follow Jesus. They left family, a stable income, some measure of stability and respect in the community. They left for the unknown and uncomfortable. I wonder if we resist Jesus' call on our lives because we realize he leads us out of our comfort zone and into the unknown.


Today, I will trust Jesus to stay with me and I will remain alert for the promptings of his Spirit during the day.


Saint Andrew, Apostle, brother of Simon Peter, and patron of fishermen, pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment