Monday, December 14, 2015

December 14, 2015 - Monday

Make known to me your ways, LORD;
teach me your paths.
Guide me by your fidelity and teach me,
for you are God my savior,
for you I wait all the day long. (Psalm 25:4-5 NABRE)

Psalm 25 is a lament of King David. The psalmist mixes ardent pleas with expressions of confidence in God who forgives and guides.*

My God, like David, I seek to understand your ways. I want to learn to walk along the path you have set before me. Each day, I desire to be guided by your Spirit. Thank you for your faithfulness to me and the guidance you provide. I look forward to the day of your coming among us.


Today, I will wait in the spirit of Advent for the coming of the Christ.


Saint John of the Cross, priest, Doctor of the Church, and patron of mystics, pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment