Monday, December 7, 2015

December 7, 2015 - Monday

A highway will be there,
called the holy way;
No one unclean may pass over it,
but it will be for his people;
no traveler, not even fools, shall go astray on it.
No lion shall be there,
nor any beast of prey approach,
nor be found.
But there the redeemed shall walk,
And the ransomed of the LORD shall return,
and enter Zion singing,
crowned with everlasting joy;
They meet with joy and gladness,
sorrow and mourning flee away. (Isaiah 35:8-10 NABRE)

Isaiah chapters 34 and 35 form a small collection which looks forward to the vindication of Zion, first by defeat of its enemies (chap. 34), then by its restoration (chap. 35). They are generally judged to be later than the time of Isaiah (eighth century), perhaps during the Babylonian exile or thereafter.*

Lord, thank you for preparing the way for your people to return to you. Thank you for sending your son, Jesus, to redeem me from my sinful nature, so I might walk this road, so that I might enter your city of everlasting joy and gladness.


Today, I will remember the coming of my Lord who redeemed me, and I will walk with joy along the holy way.


Saint Ambrose, Bishop, Doctor of the Church, and patron of bee keepers and learning, pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment