Tuesday, December 1, 2015

December 1, 2015 - Tuesday

At that very moment he rejoiced [in] the holy Spirit and said, “I give you praise, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, for although you have hidden these things from the wise and the learned you have revealed them to the childlike. Yes, Father, such has been your gracious will. (Luke 10:21 NABRE)

In this Spirit-led prayer, Jesus tells his disciples that God the Father has given them (the childlike) understanding and insight into who he is and what his mission has been, indeed into the very nature of God.

By this, we learn that acceptance of what Jesus taught depends upon the Father’s revelation, but this is granted to those who are open to receive it and refused to the arrogant.*

Lord God, I ask only for openness to receive your truth. I do not seek the wisdom and learning of this world. I seek only you in my heart. Protect me from arrogance, thinking too much of myself. Guard me from attempts to be the smart or clever one in conversation. Take away my anxiety throughout this day so that I might better listen for the times when you want me to speak, and more importantly, for the times when you want me to remain silent.


Today, I will stay attentive for the Spirit's guidance.


Blessed Charles de Foucauld, who struggled with faith and was eventually centered on God and animated by prayer and humble service, pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment