Tuesday, December 29, 2015

December 29, 2015 - Tuesday

Whoever says, “I know him,” but does not keep his commandments is a liar, and the truth is not in him.
But whoever keeps his word, the love of God is truly perfected in him. This is the way we may know that we are in union with him:
whoever claims to abide in him ought to live [just] as he lived. (1 John 2:4-6 NABRE)

How often do I fail to show love to those around me?

How often do I act with my own interests first, thinking nothing of how my actions affect someone else?

How often do I see others in need and fail to act on their behalf?

Too often I think.

Lord Jesus, help me to know you better so that I will keep your commandments. Help me to keep your word so that the Father's love grows in me. Lord, I seek to be in union with you and so I ask for your grace. By my own power, I cannot live as you lived, but only by your Spirit am I able to do so. Thank you for your Spirit. May I have the grace to be humble so that I may put aside my own desires, angers, and selfish pursuits. I listen for your voice. I act with the intention of expressing your love.


Today, I will listen for the whisper of the Holy Spirit in the busy moments of this day.


Saint Thomas Becket, who learned to stand firm in defense of truth and right, even at the cost of your life, pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment