Wednesday, December 16, 2015

December 16, 2015 - Wednesday

Love and truth will meet;
justice and peace will kiss.
Truth will spring from the earth;
justice will look down from heaven. (Psalm 85:11-12 NABRE)

In today's passage, divine activity is personified as pairs of virtues.* Written at a time when encouragement was needed, these words turn us to a time when God will act on behalf of his faithful people. And when God acts, look at what is produced! Love and truth, justice and peace.

Lord, even when I am not grateful, share your love with me. Even when I am dishonest with you, with others, and with myself, share your truth with me. Even when I lack compassion and generosity, share your justice with me. And when I am anxious, share your peace with me. Lord, I ask these things not just for myself, but so that I might be changed. I ask for these graces so that I will shine a small bit of your light into my world.


Today, I will look for indications that the Holy Spirit of God is working in my day, and I will look for ways to share God's love, truth, justice, and peace with someone else.


Blessed Honoratus Kozminski, who is a powerful example to us to obey the teachings of the Church willingly and gladly, placing our gifts at the service of the Good News of Jesus Christ, pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment