Wednesday, July 13, 2016

July 13, 2016 - Wednesday

At that time Jesus said in reply, “I give praise to you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, for although you have hidden these things from the wise and the learned you have revealed them to the childlike. (Matthew 11:25 NABRE)

While the wise and the learned, the scribes and Pharisees, have rejected Jesus’ preaching and the significance of his mighty deeds, the childlike have accepted them. Acceptance depends upon the Father’s revelation, but this is granted to those who are open to receive it and refused to the arrogant.*

I think this point is so important, and yet--for me anyway--has always been so difficult to keep clear in my mind.

Salvation becomes possible when we open our hearts to Jesus' words.

Each one of us is promised that with an open heart, God will reveal to us--within us--the truth of Jesus' teachings so that we may accept them.


Today, I will open my heart to Jesus' words.


Saint Henry, who shows us that holiness is possible in a busy secular life, pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment