Friday, July 15, 2016

July 15, 2016 - Friday

Then the word of the LORD came to Isaiah:
Go, tell Hezekiah: Thus says the LORD, the God of your father David: I have heard your prayer; I have seen your tears. Now I will add fifteen years to your life.
I will rescue you and this city from the hand of the king of Assyria; I will be a shield to this city. (Isaiah 38:4-6 NABRE)

Nothing is impossible with God!

Hezekiah was the king of Judah and he was near death. Sennacherib, the powerful king of Assyria, was threatening to capture Jerusalem and all of Judah. The situation looked hopeless.

And despite Hezekiah's imperfect human problems, his trust in the Lord brought the response we read in today's passage.


Today, I will trust in the Lord in the face of all dangers, remembering nothing is impossible with God.


Saint Bonaventure, Franciscan, theologian, bishop, and doctor of the Church, pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment