Friday, February 27, 2015

February 27, 2015 - Friday

But if the wicked man turns away from all the sins he has committed, if he keeps all my statutes and does what is just and right, he shall surely live. He shall not die!
None of the crimes he has committed shall be remembered against him; he shall live because of the justice he has shown. (Ezekiel 18:21-22 NABRE)

Our actions matter. How we act reflects what is in our hearts. So, when we put God's Word into our hearts, we begin and sustain a process that leads to changes in the way we act. And these changes in our actions lead us away from the death God describes through the prophet Ezekiel.

Lord God, I thank you for your mercy! I ask that you place in my heart--indeed, please overwhelm my mind, desire, and will with--your inspiration. Continue to grant me access to your Word so that I may know and turn away from all the sins I have committed and so that I may do what is just and right toward others.


Today, I will focus on Words and actions, seeking to act justly and rightly, guided by God's Spirit.


Saint Gabriel of Our Lady of Sorrows, who shows us that great holiness can be achieved by doing little things with love and grace, pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment