Friday, February 6, 2015

February 6, 2015 - Friday

Though an army encamp against me,
my heart does not fear;
Though war be waged against me,
even then do I trust. (Psalm 27:3 NABRE)

What sorts of armies encamp themselves against us? What wars are being waged against us today? Are we threatened by actual soldiers who seek to wage war against us? Are we confronted by an army of critics who tear down our daily choices and decisions, wearing away at our endurance? Do we face a battle in the public forum, where voices of hatred and challenge seek to destroy our religious liberty? Are we assaulted by enemies within ourselves such as lonliness, isolation, anxiety, or fear?

Which battles affect you today? Will you trust God's protection? Will you remain faithful through these trials, confident in his promises?
For God will hide me in his shelter
in time of trouble,
He will conceal me in the cover of his tent;
and set me high upon a rock. (Psalm 27:5)

Today, I will trust in the Lord regardless of the cost.


Saint Paul Miki and Companions, 16th-century martyrs from Nagasaki, Japan, pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment