Monday, April 11, 2016

April 11, 2016 - Monday

Jesus answered them and said, “Amen, amen, I say to you, you are looking for me not because you saw signs but because you ate the loaves and were filled.
Do not work for food that perishes but for the food that endures for eternal life, which the Son of Man will give you. For on him the Father, God, has set his seal.”
So they said to him, “What can we do to accomplish the works of God?”
Jesus answered and said to them, “This is the work of God, that you believe in the one he sent.” (John 6:26-29 NABRE)

How can I work for the food that endures for eternal life? What can I do to accomplish the works of God? Where do I even begin?

In my busy day, I have already begun my work because I believe in Jesus. And from such a strong starting point, I turn to the Holy Spirit, whom Jesus sent to be with me today and everyday, to lead me to opportunities for service, for mercy, and for love. And I turn to this same Spirit to help me recognize these opportunities, to discern which are kingdom-building and which are distractions.


Today, I will ask the Holy Spirit to guide me toward the works of God.


Saint Stanislaus, 11th-century bishop, martyr, and patron of Poland, pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment