Sunday, April 17, 2016

April 17, 2016 - Sunday

But you do not believe, because you are not among my sheep.
My sheep hear my voice; I know them, and they follow me.
I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish. No one can take them out of my hand. (John 10:26-28 NABRE)

I know very little about sheep herding; but from what I read, even in early times, "the duty of shepherds was to keep their flock intact, protect it from predators and guide it to market areas in time for shearing."* It is said that just as we recognize each other's voice, sheep know the sound of their shepherd's voice.

I am grateful to be counted among Jesus' flock. There are times when I need protection and guidance--more often than I'd like to admit. There are times when I need direction and reassurance. There are times when I need rescue. I rely on his Word and trust that he is leading me safely.


Today, on this Fourth Sunday of Easter, I will listen for the voice of my Good Shepherd.


Saint Benedict Joseph Labre, patron of the homeless, pray for us.

Source: https://dailytheology.org


No comments:

Post a Comment