Thursday, April 21, 2016

April 21, 2016 - Thursday

From now on I am telling you before it happens, so that when it happens you may believe that I AM.
Amen, amen, I say to you, whoever receives the one I send receives me, and whoever receives me receives the one who sent me.” (John 13:19-20 NABRE)

At the Last Supper, just before announcing that someone at the dinner table with them would betray him, Jesus made the bold statement in today's passage. Jesus says he himself is God--using the specific name God gave himself when speaking to Moses.

More than that, Jesus connects us all in one sweeping statement. All who receive the disciples of Jesus receive him, and God who sent him, and will be rewarded accordingly.* We who receive and accept what we are told by disciples, also receive Jesus and the one who sent him, the Father. And as recorded in Matthew's account (Matthew 10:40-42), there is a reward that awaits those who believe.


Today, I will celebrate my faith in Jesus by praying to him the Chaplet of Divine Mercy.


Saint Anselm, one of the Church's greatest theologians and leaders, who received the title "Father of Scholasticism," pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment