Friday, April 29, 2016

April 29, 2016 - Friday

It was not you who chose me, but I who chose you and appointed you to go and bear fruit that will remain, so that whatever you ask the Father in my name he may give you. (John 15:16 NABRE)

What a statement Jesus makes to his friends! And it is tucked so neatly in among a range of equally big statements that we might easily overlook it.

Jesus chooses us. He appoints us for his work. And he promises us that whatever we ask the Father in his name will be given to us--no doubt as it relates to his work (not our whims!).


Today, I will find joy in Jesus' choice of me as someone to help bring his good news to others.


Saint Catherine of Siena, virgin, Doctor of the Church, and patron of Europe and Italy, pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment