Friday, April 15, 2016

April 15, 2016 - Friday

So Ananias went and entered the house; laying his hands on him, he said, “Saul, my brother, the Lord has sent me, Jesus who appeared to you on the way by which you came, that you may regain your sight and be filled with the holy Spirit.”
Immediately things like scales fell from his eyes and he regained his sight. He got up and was baptized. (Acts 9:17-18 NABRE)

So Saul, who we know as Saint Paul, was struck blind for three days as part of his coming to know Jesus. I sometimes forget that story. At first, Paul, like the other disciples, was blind to who Jesus truly is. I think we each go through a process of being blind to Jesus and having our sight restored. What at first seems harsh and difficult, however, I would argue makes our faith stronger in the end. As evidence of that, look at Paul, who suffered terribly for Jesus over many years, who brought faith in Christ to the Gentiles throughout the known world, and wrote much of the New Testament.

Lord Jesus, thank you for filling me with your holy Spirit. And by this same Spirit, may my blindness be healed and my sight restored. May I see you as I walk on the path of my life. And may those whose eyes are still closed to your presence find that the scales fall from their eyes and that they see you with a clarity and conviction they never dreamt possible.


Today, I will pray that my own eyes may be open to the real presence of Jesus.


Blessed Caesar de Bus, whose efforts remind us of the many needs in our parishes, and that it’s up to us to respond by finding ways to fill them or by joining in already established efforts, pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment