Thursday, July 23, 2015

July 23, 2015 - Thursday

But blessed are your eyes, because they see, and your ears, because they hear.
Amen, I say to you, many prophets and righteous people longed to see what you see but did not see it, and to hear what you hear but did not hear it. (Matthew 13:16-17 NABRE)

Jesus taught his friends about the privilege of discipleship when he spoke these words to them. He had been teaching in parables to large crowds and afterwards his disciples had asked him why he taught using parables. He said to them in reply, “Because knowledge of the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven has been granted to you, but to them it has not been granted." (Matthew 13:11) The disciples alone had been prepared to explore the parable's meaning and to understand it.*


Today, I will thank God for preparing me and for blessing my eyes and ears so that I see and hear his truth.


Saint Bridget, patron of Europe, pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment