Wednesday, July 29, 2015

July 29, 2015 - Wednesday

The Lord said to her in reply, “Martha, Martha, you are anxious and worried about many things.
There is need of only one thing. Mary has chosen the better part and it will not be taken from her.” (Luke 10:41-42 NABRE)

As he journeyed, Jesus came to visit his friend Lazarus' sisters, Martha and Mary. At some point during the visit, Martha, it seems, became overwhelmed with the duties of serving while Mary "sat beside the Lord at his feet listening to him speak." (Luke 10:39) And Martha complained, asking Jesus to make Mary help her. in today's passage, we see Jesus' response to Martha.

Lord, when I become overwhelmed by the choices I make, please remind me not to worry so much or to be anxious. Lead me instead to the better option so that I might remember to spend time today visiting with you, unconcerned about the busyness of the day or the expectations of others.


Today, I will remember to take time to sit "beside the Lord at his feet listening to him speak."


Saint Martha, patron of housewives, waiters and waitresses, pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment