Wednesday, April 15, 2015

April 15, 2015 - Wednesday

I will bless the LORD at all times;
his praise shall be always in my mouth.
My soul will glory in the LORD;
let the poor hear and be glad.
Magnify the LORD with me;
and let us exalt his name together. (Psalm 34:2-4 NABRE)

This song of King David has always been one of my favorite psalms. It resonates with me. I admire the Psalmist's desire to focus on the Lord at all times.

Look at the many wonderful ways we are invited to spend ALL our time:
  • To bless* the Lord by speaking openly that God is holy* and worthy* of respect.
  • To praise* the Lord by expressing our approval and admiration of him.
  • To glory* in the Lord, giving him public honor and praise.
  • To do these things so that the poor--those who are defenseless and need to trust in God alone*--may hear and be glad
  • To join together with the Psalmist and one another in increasing our appreciation of and regard for the Lord
Will you accept David's invitation?


Today, on this second Wednesday of the Easter season, I will join with the Psalmist and give back to the Lord all my moments, so that my entire day gives glory to him.


Blessed Caesar de Bus, who developed a program of family catechesis, pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment