Friday, June 12, 2015

June 12, 2015 - Friday

Come to me, all you who labor and are burdened, and I will give you rest.
Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am meek and humble of heart; and you will find rest for your selves.
For my yoke is easy, and my burden light. (Matthew 11:28-30 NABRE)

In place of the yoke of the law, complicated by scribal interpretation, Jesus invites the burdened to take the yoke of obedience to his word, under which they will find rest.* So often, we find ourselves falling back into human burdens, forgetting that Jesus offers us a share in his yoke instead, which is easy.

Lord, help me to put aside all that does not come from you and replace it with a complete desire for your will to be done in and through my life.


Today, on this Solemnity of Most Sacred Heart of Jesus, I will conclude the Novena to the Sacred Heart of Jesus.


Blessed Jolenta (Yolanda) of Poland, known for your generosity and willingness to serve well the people you lived with, pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment