Saturday, June 27, 2015

June 27, 2015 - Saturday

The LORD appeared to Abraham by the oak of Mamre, as he sat in the entrance of his tent, while the day was growing hot.
Looking up, he saw three men standing near him. When he saw them, he ran from the entrance of the tent to greet them; and bowing to the ground, he said: “Sir, if it please you, do not go on past your servant.
Let some water be brought, that you may bathe your feet, and then rest under the tree. (Genesis 18:1-4 NABRE)

Lord, my God, when you approach me, it is my prayer that I will welcome you as Abraham welcomed you and your travelling companions that hot afternoon under the shade of that tree. I hope that I will think to offer you rest and comfort. Lord, it is my prayer that I will see you in the people that cross my path each day. I hope that I will have the generosity to share whatever I have in meeting their needs.


Today, I will seek to give what I have to fellow travellers on this journey of life.


Saint Cyril of Alexandria, who reminds us that even saints must grow out of immaturity, narrowness and selfishness, pray for us.



Pistacia palaestina.JPG
"Pistacia palaestina" by Eitan f - Own work. Licensed under CC BY-SA 3.0 via Wikimedia Commons.

No comments:

Post a Comment