Monday, January 18, 2016

January 18, 2016 - Monday

Offer praise as your sacrifice to God;
fulfill your vows to the Most High.
Then call on me on the day of distress;
I will rescue you, and you shall honor me.” (Psalm 50:14-15 NABRE)

Psalm 50 describes a covenant lawsuit stating that the sacrifice God really wants is the sacrifice of praise accompanied by genuine obedience. Today's passage is a direct address of God explaining what is required of the faithful.*

For me, praising God is not the difficult part. I look around at the blessings in my life, even the challenges, and I see evidence of God's greatness. And for all of creation, I see cause to give him all praise!

However, obedience is far more challenging. Not that it is so far-fetched to accept that God would expect my obedience, but determining what obedience to God means in my daily life is the greatest challenge I know of.

And so, it is my constant prayer that the holy Spirit of God will instruct me, leading me to act in ways that are in accord with the divine will, and guarding me from all else.


Today, I will offer praise to God as well as my willing obedience to his divine will.


Saint Charles of Sezze, captivated by God’s majesty and great mercy to all of us, pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment