Sunday, January 31, 2016

January 31, 2016 - Sunday

The word of the LORD came to me:
Before I formed you in the womb I knew you,
before you were born I dedicated you,
a prophet to the nations I appointed you. (Jeremiah 1:4-5 NABRE)

God had a plan for Jeremiah even before he was born. And look at the beautiful way we learn of this. First of all, God spoke to the young man. That is a powerful statement. Also, God formed Jeremiah. Also, he knew Jeremiah even before he formed him! God dedicated Jeremiah to a task. He appointed him, even before he was born to his role in God's service.

Lord God, grant me the gift of attentiveness to your voice. I thank you for creating me, as you did Jeremiah. And while it is difficult to imagine that you knew me and had a plan for me even before I was born, I thank you for my purpose. Please help me to discover my purpose more clearly each day. Help me to walk the path you have appointed for me and to carry out the work to which you dedicated me.


Today, I will seek discernment, listen for God's voice, and consider my purpose in his divine plan.


Saint John Bosco, patron of boys, editors, and youth, pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment