Saturday, January 9, 2016

January 9, 2016 - Saturday

And we have this confidence in him, that if we ask anything according to his will, he hears us. And if we know that he hears us in regard to whatever we ask, we know that what we have asked him for is ours. (1 John 5:14-15 NABRE)

Two sides to this. First, there is the great comfort that we can ask God for anything, confident that if it is according to his will, he will give us what we ask for. Second, and the part we perhaps too easily overlook, is that our requests may or may not be according to God's will.

Lord, thank you for your willingness to help me through this life. As I walk my path, there are so many times when I need your help. Grant me the grace to seek what is according to your will. And help me past the desire for those things that are not.


Today, I will take comfort in God's grace as it touches the smallest details of my life.


Saint Adrian of Canterbury, Assistant and Advisor to the Pope, abbot of the monastery of Sts' Peter and Paul in Canterbury, England, who died at the monastery in the year 710, and who became famous for miracles after his death , pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment