Wednesday, February 17, 2016

February 17, 2016 - Wednesday

Have mercy on me, God, in accord with your merciful love;
in your abundant compassion blot out my transgressions.
Thoroughly wash away my guilt;
and from my sin cleanse me.
A clean heart create for me, God;
renew within me a steadfast spirit.
Do not drive me from before your face,
nor take from me your holy spirit. (Psalm 51:3-4, 12-13 NABRE)

Today's passage asks deliverance from sin, not just from a past act but also from its emotional, physical, and social consequences. It also seeks something more profound than wiping the slate clean: nearness to God, living by the spirit of God.*

Dear Lord, if I could just walk away from my sinful nature! Since you are my only means to a clean heart, I ask in all humility that you would be merciful to me, a sinner. Thank you for watching over me and for the Spirit you have placed within me.


Today, I will ask the Lord to wash away my guilt.


Seven Founders of the Servite Order, who remind us that we are all faced in a new and urgent way with the challenge to make our lives decisively centered in Christ, pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment