Monday, February 29, 2016

February 29, 2016 - Monday

As the deer longs for streams of water,
so my soul longs for you, O God.
My soul thirsts for God, the living God.
When can I enter and see the face of God? (Psalm 4:2-3 NABRE)

How badly do you long for the chance to be in the actual presence of God? How desperate are you to look at the face of Jesus and to know his full attention? Is it as deeply as you need water? For the Psalmist, it seems, he thirsted for God with his whole being, as a deer longs for streams of water.

Lord, the thought of being in your company is beyond my capacity to truly experience. I can imagine it, but I hope to feel it too. During this Lenten season, help me to prepare myself for that moment, while at the same time appreciating this very moment, in which you are already present to me. May I appreciate what I have been given in this moment, so I will ultimately come to share the fullness of your presence at that time you have ordained.


Today, I will look forward to the time when I can be more fully in God's presence.


Saint Oswald, known for your sanctity and your love for the poor, pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment