Tuesday, February 23, 2016

February 23, 2016 - Tuesday

Wash yourselves clean!
Put away your misdeeds from before my eyes;
cease doing evil;
learn to do good.
Make justice your aim: redress the wronged,
hear the orphan’s plea, defend the widow.
Come now, let us set things right,
says the LORD:
Though your sins be like scarlet,
they may become white as snow;
Though they be red like crimson,
they may become white as wool. (Isaiah 1:16-18 NABRE)

Let's apply these challenging lines to our modern lives. Let's challenge ourselves to rethink our day, how we spend our energy, and how we see our role in this world. Where do we get our value and our purpose? These lines reflect in a very beautiful way God's answer to life's mysteries and problems.

I can put forth an effort to do good deeds. I can speak out when I witness someone being wronged. I can take action today to help someone in need. I can change my heart by focusing my thoughts on others. And when I seek to increasingly put the benefit of others at the forefront of my every thought, word, and action, I change myself in the process.


Today, I will evaluate my purpose in the context of God's Word.


Saint Polycarp, patron of those with earaches, pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment