Wednesday, February 24, 2016

February 24, 2016 - Wednesday

But it shall not be so among you. Rather, whoever wishes to be great among you shall be your servant; whoever wishes to be first among you shall be your slave. (Matthew 20:26-27 NABRE)

At the heart of Jesus' message is a call to serve others. In order to respond to this message, we work first to put aside our pride and replace it with humility.

Saint Paul puts it this way: "For by the grace given to me I tell everyone among you not to think of himself more highly than one ought to think, but to think soberly, each according to the measure of faith that God has apportioned." (Romans 12:3)

And so, as I work to resist the impulse to think more highly of myself than I should, I create room in my heart for Jesus' message and I begin to seek out opportunities to express his love for each one of us by my service.


Today, I will seek to serve.


Blessed Luke Belludi, travelling companion and attendant to Saint Anthony, pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment