Wednesday, February 3, 2016

February 3, 2016 - Wednesday

Then I declared my sin to you;
my guilt I did not hide.
I said, “I confess my transgression to the LORD,”
and you took away the guilt of my sin.
Therefore every loyal person should pray to you
in time of distress.
Though flood waters threaten,
they will never reach him.
You are my shelter; you guard me from distress;
with joyful shouts of deliverance you surround me. (Psalm 32:5-7 NABRE)

It may be one of the most difficult things we are asked to do, to be honest about our own faults.

We may call them shortcomings or sins, transgressions or bad choices. They are the thoughts, actions, and decisions we make, both big and small, that hurt our relationship with the Lord.

But when we recognize that each of us struggles with imperfection, each a little differently, that we can accept that we are merely human. Once we find some sense of humility, we turn to God, honestly declaring to him our sins as David did. We no longer hide our guilt and we confess what we have done and failed to do. And in his great mercy, God hears our distress and heals us. More, he strengthens us for whatever we will face next.


Today, I will pray to the Lord, confident in his Divine Mercy.


Saint Blaise, patron of throat ailments, pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment