Wednesday, June 15, 2016

June 15, 2016 - Wednesday

But when you pray, go to your inner room, close the door, and pray to your Father in secret. And your Father who sees in secret will repay you. (Matthew 6:6 NABRE)

And so here, in about the least secret place I can imagine, I pray, so that we can pray together, briefly, before continuing to pray privately through the day.

Lord, thank you for your many graces. You created me and sustain me in each moment. You, who are outside of all we can know, love me and desire my love in return. Lord, thank you for your many mercies. I fail you too often, the one who is deserving of all my love. I place my small and petty concerns ahead of your lofty will. Lord, thank you for your many blessings. Help me to recognize them each day. Help me to desire your will. Help me to love you with my whole being, showing it in the way I love others.


Today, I will call upon God's Spirit in praise, thanksgiving, and joy to be present to me and help me in each moment.


Saint Marguerite d'Youville, who shows that, with God's grace and our cooperation, suffering can lead to compassion rather than to bitterness, pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment