Wednesday, June 1, 2016

June 1, 2016 - Wednesday

Jesus told her, “I am the resurrection and the life; whoever believes in me, even if he dies, will live, and everyone who lives and believes in me will never die. Do you believe this?” (John 11:25-26 NABRE)

Lord Jesus, I believe this. I believe that you are the one path to eternal life and the one who also gives me all I need for this temporal life. As in today's passage, as you spoke to Martha, your close friend, telling her this just before raising her brother, Lazarus, from the dead as a sign, she responded, “Yes, Lord. I have come to believe that you are the Messiah, the Son of God, the one who is coming into the world.” And her faith was not disappointed. I recognize that you are the same today, Jesus, and I thank you. I know you are the one who came to save us and to shepherd us into everlasting life. Jesus, I trust in you. Lead me along the path you set for me so that I might have eternal life with you.


Today, I will remember to trust in my Lord.


Saint Justin, known as the first Christian philosopher, and an apologist who defended in writing the Christian religion against attacks and misunderstandings, and who was martyred in Rome in 165 for your faith, pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment