Saturday, June 18, 2016

June 18, 2016 - Saturday

So do not worry and say, ‘What are we to eat?’ or ‘What are we to drink?’ or ‘What are we to wear?’
All these things the pagans seek. Your heavenly Father knows that you need them all.
But seek first the kingdom [of God] and his righteousness, and all these things will be given you besides. (Matthew 6:31-33 NABRE)

Jesus describes those who worry too much as being "Of little faith."* Is our faith in him as deep as it should be, or are we anxious about the things of this world?

Lord Jesus, too often I fall victim to my own inclination to worry. Help me to be more like the birds of the sky which are unconcerned. The Father feeds them. Help me to be more like the grasses of the field which have no anxiety. The Father clothes them in beautiful flowers. Lord, by your Spirit free me from these concerns so that I might seek the Father's will first, and live as you lead me.


Today, I will put aside my temporal worries, remember that God knows all my needs, and depend on Him to meet them.


Venerable Matt Talbot, considered the patron of men and women struggling with alcoholism, pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment