Thursday, June 2, 2016

June 2, 2016 - Thursday

Make known to me your ways, LORD;
teach me your paths.
Guide me by your fidelity and teach me,
for you are God my savior,
for you I wait all the day long. (Psalm 25-4-5 NABRE)

Psalm 25 is a song of praise and trust in the Lord. In it King David begins by saying, "To you, O LORD, I lift up my soul, my God, in you I trust." (Psalm 25:1-2a)

Lord God, I thank you for this day, for creating me to experience it and to be a part of it, and for the opportunity, like David, to know you. What a wonderful way to begin this day, in your presence. Stay with me throughout this day, as I encounter others who may not know you or who may have turned their hearts away from you, so that I might reflect your great love, compassion, and mercy as an encouragement in faith to them. Jesus, I trust in you.


Today, I will call upon the Spirit of God to guide me and teach me.


Saints Marcellinus and Peter, martyrs who gave the supreme witness of faith and charity by the shedding of your blood, and who are quite closely joined with us in Christ, pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment