Monday, August 15, 2016

August 15, 2016 - Monday

And Mary said:
“My soul proclaims the greatness of the Lord;
my spirit rejoices in God my savior.
For he has looked upon his handmaid’s lowliness;
behold, from now on will all ages call me blessed.
The Mighty One has done great things for me,
and holy is his name.
His mercy is from age to age
to those who fear him.
He has shown might with his arm,
dispersed the arrogant of mind and heart.
He has thrown down the rulers from their thrones
but lifted up the lowly.
The hungry he has filled with good things;
the rich he has sent away empty.
He has helped Israel his servant,
remembering his mercy,
according to his promise to our fathers,
to Abraham and to his descendants forever.” (Luke 1:46-55 NABRE)

As I reflect on this song of Mary, I marvel at her great submission of her own will to the will of God.


Today, on this Solemnity of the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary, and as I begin the final month of this blog, I will work to submit my will in whatever circumstances that arise in my life, as Mary did, to the will of the Father.


Mary, Queen assumed into heaven, pray for us.

Source: https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Peter_Paul_Rubens_-_The_Assumption_of_the_Virgin_Mary_-_Google_Art_Project.jpg

There are just 30 days remaining in this shared prayer journey of ours. Please continue to join your prayers with mine here, for a daily minute of reflection. As Jesus said, "For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them." (Matthew 18:20) Though we gather together online, may our joining here reflect our deep desire to have Jesus in our midst.

No comments:

Post a Comment