Wednesday, August 24, 2016

August 24, 2016 - Wednesday

Nathanael answered him, “Rabbi, you are the Son of God; you are the King of Israel.” (John 1:49 NABRE)

One of the first Apostles, who came to Jesus invited by his friend Philip, it doesn't take Nathanael long to recognize Jesus as the promised Messiah. And not long afterward, Jesus began his public ministry with his followers at the Wedding at Cana. (John 2:1)

Lord, I imagine what it must have been like to meet you face to face, and to know that you were sent by God, and to even have a sense of your divinity. I imagine what it must have been like to be called to come along with you. Before the trials began, before you were even known publicly, I would have been near to your greatness. Lord Jesus, I know you. I thank you for your life and your mission. Help me to continue to recognized your face in the gaze of those I meet. Help me to be your face in my time for all those I meet. And help me, Jesus, to follow you with complete trust and without fear.


Today, I will seek to recognize Jesus in the face of those I encounter.


Saint Bartholomew, Apostle, identified by some scholars as Nathanael, about whom we know so little, but who bore witness to your firsthand experience with Jesus, and who spoke in Jesus' name, pray for us.


There are just 21 days remaining in this shared prayer journey of ours. Please continue to join your prayers with mine here, for a daily minute of reflection. As Jesus said, "For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them." (Matthew 18:20) Though we gather together online, may our joining here reflect our deep desire to have Jesus in our midst.

No comments:

Post a Comment