Friday, August 26, 2016

August 26, 2016 - Friday

The message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.
For it is written:
“I will destroy the wisdom of the wise,
and the learning of the learned I will set aside.” (1 Corinthians 1:18-19 NABRE)

True wisdom and power are to be found paradoxically where one would least expect them, in the place of their apparent negation. To human eyes the crucified Christ symbolizes impotence and absurdity.*

Lord God, it is in our weakness that your strength can be seen. Nowhere was this more clear than in your son's death on that cross. Help me to recognize and admit my own weaknesses, so that I might also recognize and admit your strength which begins at the end of mine.


Today, I will pray the Our Father as Jesus taught us, asking that God the Father's will be done on earth.


Saint Joseph Calasanz, whose work to provide education to poor children met with institutional resistance that tested your trust, patience, and spirit of forgiveness, pray for us.


There are just 19 days remaining in this shared prayer journey of ours. Please continue to join your prayers with mine here, for a daily minute of reflection. As Jesus said, "For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them." (Matthew 18:20) Though we gather together online, may our joining here reflect our deep desire to have Jesus in our midst.

No comments:

Post a Comment