Wednesday, August 17, 2016

August 17, 2016 - Wednesday

The LORD is my shepherd;
there is nothing I lack.
In green pastures he makes me lie down;
to still waters he leads me;
he restores my soul.
He guides me along right paths
for the sake of his name.
Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I will fear no evil, for you are with me;
your rod and your staff comfort me.
You set a table before me
in front of my enemies;
You anoint my head with oil;
my cup overflows.
Indeed, goodness and mercy will pursue me
all the days of my life;
I will dwell in the house of the LORD
for endless days. (Psalm 23 NABRE)

This song of David, king and soldier, a man after God's own heart, offers comfort in confidence and peace in chaos to those who will trust in the Lord.


Today, I will place my trust in the Lord.


Saint Joan of the Cross, who dedicated yourself to the poor, elderly, and sick, pray for us.


There are just 28 days remaining in this shared prayer journey of ours. Please continue to join your prayers with mine here, for a daily minute of reflection. As Jesus said, "For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them." (Matthew 18:20) Though we gather together online, may our joining here reflect our deep desire to have Jesus in our midst.

No comments:

Post a Comment