Tuesday, August 2, 2016

August 2, 2016 - Tuesday

Then he made the disciples get into the boat and precede him to the other side, while he dismissed the crowds.
After doing so, he went up on the mountain by himself to pray. When it was evening he was there alone. (Matthew 14:22-23 NABRE)

Jesus made time to pray. He carved out times of solitary prayer during the course of his busiest days. He had been out teaching crowds of people, he had been leading and guiding his disciples, and as the day's work wound down, he made space in his calendar to spend quiet time with his Father.

Lord Jesus, thank you for your example. May your Spirit inflame my heart today with the same desire you have to be with the Father. May I find times during this day to rest in your company. Incline my thoughts and feelings so I might encounter you in the presence of others, and so that I might also find a quiet place, a personal mountaintop, to reconnect with you in prayer.


Today, I will make time to pray quietly in the afternoon.


Saint Eusebius of Vercelli, member of the early Church which gave us the Nicene Creed, pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment