Wednesday, March 12, 2014

March 12, 2014 - Wednesday

As God’s co-workers we urge you not to receive God’s grace in vain. (2 Corinthians 6:1 NIV)

God has given us his grace.  Paul urges us to do something with it.

What is grace?  It is God's favor, his approval of me.  It is something I have not earned and do not deserve.  It is a gift of relationship with him.  Stepping back to even imagine this, from my little human perspective, is difficult to do!  It seems absurd!  And yet, it is true.

And what should I do with it?  Paul goes on to ask that we open our hearts to one another.  He describes his own suffering and mistreatment because of his beliefs, and strangely enough, his joy in this.  And then he begs us to keep our faith in the one true God and to avoid idols.

Today, I will gratefully accept God's approval of me!


No comments:

Post a Comment