Sunday, March 9, 2014

March 9, 2014 - Sunday

Just as the living Father sent me and I live because of the Father, so the one who feeds on me will live because of me. (John 6:57 NIV)

Food nourishes.  It gives us what we need to live in this life.

In the passage containing this verse, Jesus makes some statements which actually caused many of his followers at the time to stop following him!  He called himself the bread of life, the food they had to eat in order to have eternal life.

Jesus nourishes.  He gives us what we need to live eternally.

As our eternal food, he sustains us spiritually in this life so that we can live with him forever.  That is one of the really challenging points of Christian faith.  Do you believe that Jesus is the son of God and the one who connects us to God, giving us the chance to have eternal life?

Today, I will be glad for the gift of my own belief in this truth, which I cannot prove but accept anyway.



No comments:

Post a Comment