Sunday, March 16, 2014

March 16, 2014 - Sunday

The words of the reckless pierce like swords, but the tongue of the wise brings healing. (Proverbs 12:18 NIV)

My Dad's favorite of the Beatitudes was, "Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God." 

Over the years, it became mine too, and I spent a good amount of time reflecting on it and putting it into action--or at least trying.  

It is great to have a favorite Beatitude!  I never really thought about it until now, but it has given me identity, to some extent, and a reason to act a certain way toward others.

Rather than speaking recklessly (all the time) by telling lies or gossping, or backbiting, I was given a reason to try to defend those who are falsly accused, to set things right, to reconcile people, and to speak cheerfully--to be called a child of God.

Today, I will seek the self control that directs a wise tongue in moments of truth.

No comments:

Post a Comment