Wednesday, March 19, 2014

March 19, 2014 - Wednesday

Then you will have success if you are careful to observe the decrees and laws that the Lord gave Moses for Israel. Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or discouraged. (1 Chronicles 22:13 NIV)

Words of a father to his child not long before dying:  God wants you to do something for him, a job I started but can't finish.  To guarantee success, you should observe God's laws, be strong and courageous, and do not be afraid or discouraged.

I'm thinking King David chose his words to Solomon very carefully here, and they echo down through time to us as sound advice.  If I want to succeed at the job God gives me, which is often so difficult to recognize in advance, I can follow this advice too.  It offers unusual confidence despite my frequent missteps and uncertainty.  The advice is a light to my path!

There are many examples of people who followed this advice, but my favorite role model is Saint Joseph, who accepted courageously the job he was given to care for and raise up God's own son as a man!

Today, I will not be afraid or discouraged, I will be strong and courageous, I will be careful to listen for God's quiet guidance in my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment