Tuesday, March 4, 2014

March 4, 2014 - Tuesday

For I will forgive their wickedness and will remember their sins no more.” (Hebrews 8:12 NIV)

What do you say to someone when you want to convince them of something you know is true, but sounds completely unbelievable?  That's the trouble the writer to the Hebrews faced when he wrote this.  He decided to relate his claims about Jesus to something he knew they already believed, so this verse is actually a quote from the Hebrew prophet, Jeremiah.

It is like me referring to the "I have a dream" speech.  Every American today would get my reference, and without saying anything else, most would even understand I was talking about racial equality in a way no one had believed was possible at that time.

So the writer to the Hebrews reminds them of one of God's great promises!

It is a promise from God to those willing to believe in Jesus, now recognized by them as the divine son of God because of all he said and did.

Today, I will remember God's promise to forgive me and forget my sins!




No comments:

Post a Comment