Tuesday, September 29, 2015

September 29, 2015 - Tuesday

I thank you, Lord, with all my heart;
in the presence of the angels to you I sing.
I bow low toward your holy temple;
I praise your name for your mercy and faithfulness.
For you have exalted over all
your name and your promise.
On the day I cried out, you answered;
you strengthened my spirit. (Psalm 138:1-3 NABRE)

David brings forward a reminder that praise is possible in different ways. To give full honor and glory to God, we can thank him in our hearts, bow down before him, and speak words of praise. So, our thoughts, words, and actions are all available to us as means to publicly honor God with joy-filled and humble trust.

Praise God! Praise him for his mercy and faithfulness to us. Praise him for creation. Praise him because he answers our cries. Praise him because his name is above all.


Today, I will thank the Lord for the many times he has strengthened my spirit.


Saints Michael, Gabriel and Raphael, archangels who bring God's protection, communication and guidance in ways which defy description, pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment